CORONAVIRUS UPDATE (COVID-19)
27 days ago
UPDATE ON COVID 19 ALERT LEVEL 4
The Clinic has been classified as an essential service and will continue to operate but the focus will be on essential work.
This means our priority will be to attend to cases that involve serious pain and suffering (Guidelines from the Veterinary Council of NZ)
WE WILL THEREFORE BE TRIAGING (working out the most important cases to see first), ALL CALLS
WE ANTICIPATE THERE MAY BE TIMES WHEN WE CANNOT SEE PETS AS SOON AS OWNERS WOULD LIKE. WE WILL BE DOING ALL WE CAN TO GET TO THE SERIOUS CASES FIRST AND ASK FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING
DURING LEVEL 4, WE ARE NOT OPERATING BUSINESS AS USUAL. IF THE CASE DOES NOT INVOLVE DEALING WITH URGENT ISSUES INVOLVING PAIN OR WELFARE WE MAY DECLINE TO SEE THE ANIMAL. THIS IS TO SUPPORT THE GOVERNMENTS AIM OF LESS MOVEMENT AROUND OUR COMMUNITY AND TO PROTECT OUR STAFF. EACH CASE IS ASSESSED BY A VET AND WILL BE CONSIDERED INDIVIDUALLY.
We are committed to providing the safest possible environment for our clients, their pets and our staff.
WITH A STAGE FOUR ALERT (commencing Wednesday 25th 11.59 pm)
- No animals will be admitted to the clinic without a prior appointment, CLIENTS MUST CALL FIRST TO ARRANGE THEIR ANIMAL TO BE SEEN
- To protect our staff and to be able to keep operating as long as possible(avoiding staff illness), the clinic will be CLOSED to PHYSICAL access by clients. We will obtain a history from the owner, discuss the nature of the problem and admit the animal to the clinic for examination and treatment. The owner will be asked to remain outside.
- We will only be dealing with urgent cases that involve serious pain or suffering or to avoid future pain or suffering or welfare issues
- We check guidelines from the Ministry of Health about public safety on a daily basis
- We will set aside more time daily for increased cleaning frequency of all areas of the clinic
- We educate staff about keeping themselves and others safe
- We are reducing appointment frequency as we anticipate the examination process will take longer
- HOMECALLS WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERED
- Supporting any Ministry of Health Guidelines
- Will not be selling non prescription food or toys etc
We would ask the following of our clients,
- If you have a fever, cough or any signs of respiratory illness, please DO NOT visit the clinic, rather call us on 4882690 and we will arrange a safe way to treat your pet.
- IF YOU ARE IN SELF ISOLATION we would appreciate that you delay seeking veterinary consultation for your animals until the end of the isolation period if the nature of the problem or visit is not urgent.
- WE NEED TO KNOW if an animal is being bought in from a home under self isolation before you get to the clinic
- If possible we would appreciate just one person attending a consultation with a pet. We do appreciate there are situations where this is not practical
- Like any business at present, we may experience staff shortages and would ask for your patience if you want your pet examined by a vet. In this situation we will prioritize cases on the basis of urgency
We will try to keep disruptions to a minimum but would ask for your co-operation and understanding.
As always, cases will be allocated veterinary time on the basis of urgency. Please always call the clinic in advance of visiting so we can allocate the best resources to the needs of your pets.